Mission, Vision, Values
Denver Urban Scholars envisions a life of choice and opportunity for every young person.
Denver Urban Scholars partners with high poverty, high performing schools to unlock the potential of students facing added challenges by creating individual pathways to career and college.
- The transformational power of authentic, meaningful RELATIONSHIPS
- COLLABORATION within our community to ensure our maximum impact in the lives of youth
- Holistic, accountable, and supportive EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES for underserved youth
- INCLUSIVENESS of all individuals as vital participants and stakeholders, regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or citizenship
- The innate, positive POTENTIAL of our young people and our community
- EQUITY in opportunities available to youth in our community
Denver Urban Scholars is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees, volunteers, member organizations, clients, or the public on the basis of gender, sex, race, creed, color, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, or veteran status.
This policy of nondiscrimination prevails throughout every aspect of employment, including recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, and termination. It also prevails throughout all client and volunteer activities.