Mission, Vision, Values
Denver Urban Scholars envisions a life of choice and opportunity for every young person.
Denver Urban Scholars provides life-changing opportunities for students to pursue individual pathways to career and college.
- PURPOSEFUL in our organizational structure and how we collaborate with one another to accomplish our mission
- AUTHENTIC in our approach to fulfilling our mission, ensuring a genuine connection and understanding of the outcomes we affect
- INCLUSIVE of all individuals as vital participants and stakeholders, embracing all voices and promoting self-determination
- RELATIONSHIP-ORIENTED in how we engage others to positively impact our work
- STRATEGIC in developing opportunities for our Scholars to create individual and evolving pathways for success
- Every student has tremendous potential and the innate ability to succeed, regardless of the challenges they face
- Relationships matter; we build trust and accountability thanks to a personalized program, experienced staff, and deeply committed volunteers
- When given robust opportunities and the support of caring adults, students are able to capitalize on their potential
Denver Urban Scholars is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees, volunteers, member organizations, clients, or the public on the basis of gender, sex, race, creed, color, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, or veteran status.
This policy of nondiscrimination prevails throughout every aspect of employment, including recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, and termination. It also prevails throughout all client and volunteer activities.