Denver Urban Scholars envisions that every young person, no matter his or her socioeconomic status or demographics, should have the opportunity to develop a strong, positive sense of self and to achieve academic success.
Denver Urban Scholars facilitates academic achievement and positive social development among underserved urban youth, empowering them to fully engage in and contribute to our community. Our holistic approach addresses the unique and complex needs of disadvantaged youth by coordinating teams of student, family, mentor and school to ensure the success of our youth.
- The transformational power of authentic, meaningful RELATIONSHIPS
- COLLABORATION within our community to ensure our maximum impact in the lives of youth
- Holistic, accountable, and supportive EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES for underserved youth
- INCLUSIVENESS of all individuals as vital participants and stakeholders, regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or citizenship
- The innate, positive POTENTIAL of our young people and our community
- EQUITY in opportunities available to youth in our community
Denver Urban Scholars is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees, volunteers, member organizations, clients, or the public on the basis of gender, sex, race, creed, color, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, or veteran status.
This policy of nondiscrimination prevails throughout every aspect of employment, including recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, and termination. It also prevails throughout all client and volunteer activities.