Denver Urban Scholars is a nonprofit organization that provides life-changing opportunities for students to pursue individual pathways to college and career.
Since our founding in 1995, Denver Urban Scholars engages students at the middle school, high school, and post-secondary levels, combining clinical case management, mentoring, and other methods of support to ensure positive academic and social-emotional development of youth. We create deep partnerships with Denver schools by offering a comprehensive menu of services that is fully customizable for each partner school.
We do this because:
- One student drops out of high school every 26 seconds in America
- Only 67% of Denver students graduate high school
- Colorado ranks 49th out of 50 states in percentage of teen dropouts
- Early intervention has proven to decrease the likelihood a child will drop out of school
And our programs work. For the 2017-2018 school year:
- 98.7% of students will progress to the next grade level on time
- 93.3% of seniors graduated on time, but 100% of the remaining students are persisting and are expected to graduate in 2019
- 88% (37 of 42) graduating seniors have plans to enroll in a postsecondary program